Virtual business visit between Estonia & Iceland:
e-governance and digital solutions in fight for Covid-19
The pandemics is setting restrictions to face-to-face interactions, but cooperation between countries and businesses should not be limited because of that. Therefore on November 25th Estonia and Iceland are co-hosting a Virtual Business Visit, taking place under the auspices of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of both respective countries. The aim of the event is to continue the good path of Estonian-Icelandic relations in regards to cooperation in e-governance through sharing the best practices and innovative responses to COVID-19. With this Forum, we open the stage to businesses from both countries and bring together public and private sectors in building the most effective e-governance system which also helps to increase the resilience of our societies against the Covid-19 crisis.
The virtual visit consists of two parts:
I part: Public ceremony on e-governance on at 9:00 GMT/ 11:00 EET
- Welcoming words by moderator
- Speech by Mr. Urmas Reinsalu, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Estonia
- Speech by Mr. Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development Cooperation of Iceland
- Architecting for next generation citizen experience by Mr. Kristo Vaher, Chief Technology Officer, Estonian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications
- Overview of recent developments of Iceland’s e-governance by Mr. Andri Heiðar Kristinsson, the CEO of Digital Iceland
- Short introductions/pitches by Estonian and Icelandic companies participating in the virtual forum (max 2 minutes from each company)
- Closing remarks by moderator
II part: Private bilateral B2B and B2GOV meetings at 10:00 GMT/ 12:00 EET
- Participating Estonian and Icelandic companies will be available for bilateral meetings on this site.